- A bride and groom, being photographed in the bandstand, under cloudy skies.
- A swallow, seen fleetingly as it swooped at eye-level, but unmistakable for its tail.
- A bearded tramp on a bench, surrounded by his bags and somehow eliciting steam from an electric kettle.
- A newly-painted shelter, white, with a string of cricket-ball-sized spheres along its roof-edge, bright yellow and looking, from a distance, like lights.
- Kite-surfers, small against the gradated grey silhouette of the Shoreham incinerator chimney.
- A drummer, alone, 2km down the undercliff path to Rottingdean, sitting on the wall and drumming to the sea.
- A *gang* of drummers, under the lower promenade's covered walkway, and making full use of its echo.
I can't stop and photograph these things, but I wish I could.
This guy, however, was at the end of my run yesterday, so didn't involve breaking my stride:
Presumably left after the children's parade, to be picked up later?